Weavers Medical is committed to employing a range of resources to help Military Veterans. Don’t forget that as part of the Military Covenant we are obliged to give priority treatment where the problem they face is linked to their military service. This is set out in the:
- NHS Long Term Plan
- Armed Forces Covenant
The Armed Forces Covenant
- The Armed Forces community should enjoy the same standard of, and access to healthcare as that received by any other UK citizen in the area they live.
- Family members should retain their place on any NHS waiting list, if moved around the UK due to the service person being posted.
- Veterans should receive priority treatment for a condition which relates to their service, subject to clinical need.
- Those injured in service should be cared for in a way that reflects the nation’s moral obligation to them, by healthcare professionals who understand the Armed Forces culture.
Mental Health Problems
Anxiety and Depression, Alcohol related problems and PTSD (if deployed) – can all occur years after service. In addition physical injuries are clearly a common consequence of military service. Possible sources of help include:
- A service provided for members of the armed services who are still serving which provides a treatment and liaison service (called TILS) and Complex treatment service (CTS). This is an enhanced out-patient service for veterans that have not improved with previous treatment. Both physical and mental health problems are seen. Access to CTS is via a referral to TILS – we can email referrals to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For physical injuries – to provide extra rehabilitation for both physical and mental health we can refer to Veteran’s Trauma Network (VTN) – we can email on email@example.com
- Prosthetics – special veteran’s service from various centres including Birmingham and Stanmore – mention we can mention you are a veteran if referring
- There is a Personalised Care’ project which can give access to range of services and charities for personalised care. May also include personalised health budget. Also personal health navigator, wheelchair service etc. Patients can apply by directly contacting the CCG (Northamptonshire CCG) and mentioning ‘Personalised Care for Veterans’
Charities who can also provide help include:
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.