Our Appointment System
Before Booking Your Appointment
Do you wish your symptoms could be treated without having to attend the surgery? To save a call to the surgery (and enable GPs to see patients more quickly), please try the 3 before GP steps:
- Can you sort it yourself? – e.g. if you have a cold, you should rest, keep warm, take plenty of fluids and take cold medicines.
- If you would like advice, then please visit the online Health A-Z which gives advice and is written by doctors and nurses.
- If you would like more advice, or have a question about online advice, please pop in and see your local pharmacist.
We don’t want to stop patients seeing their GP if they need to, but many appointments could be released to people who cannot treat themselves and need to see the GP.
How To Make An Appointment
To make an appointment to see a doctor or nurse, you have the following options:
- Consult a GP online using accuRx (Available Monday to Friday 7am to 11am)
- Book an appointment online using SystemOnline.
- Download and book with the NHS App
- Telephone the surgery by calling 01536 513494
- Or visit the practice in person and speak to a receptionist.
Same Day Appointments
We have several appointments with clinical practitioners or with doctors available for problems that need to be addressed on the same day. Call the practice between 8am and 11am and speak to a Care Navigators: they will ask you some questions that help to ensure you are seen by the most appropriate clinician. They might suggest that a clinician will give you a ring back.
Advance Bookings (telephone or face-to-face)
Routine or follow up appointments for a GP can be requested by contacting the care navigation team:
- By completing an online consultation form
- By telephone, call 01536 513494 after 11:00am Monday - Friday
- By speaking to a receptionist face to face at the desk.
All requests will be reviewed and we will get back to you within 10 working days wither either advice or an appointment with an appropriate clinician.
All nurse appointments, except emergency on-the-day appointments, can be pre-booked.
Check in and Translation Services
When you arrive for your appointment, please check in at the first floor reception.
Telephone translation services are available for appointments if these are requested in advance. Please ask someone to let us know you need this service so that it can be booked in the language you need at the time you and your doctor need it.
Arriving Late Procedure
If you are more than half your appointment time late, you will not be able to be seen in that appointment slot. All Health care professionals work to booked appointment times, and if that time has passed, they are not able to get it back. This means if you are too late for your appointment, you will have to book another appointment to be seen either later that day, or on another day.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.