It is the intention of everyone at Weavers Medical that we will do our best to offer a high quality medical service, which uses to the optimum all available resources and which remains sensitive to the needs of our patients and to the needs of the individuals in the practice team.
Patient Rights & Responsibilities
- Every patient registered with the practice has the right to be seen by a Doctor within 48 hours, or a healthcare professional within 24 hours.
- Patients wishing to see a particular Doctor may have to wait longer
- When appointments are full and the patient feels it is medically necessary to see a Doctor that day, an emergency appointment will be provided on the same day.
- A patient has the right to request a home visit, but it is the Doctor who decides what course of action is most appropriate.
- It is the patient’s responsibility to notify the surgery of any change of details i.e. name, address and/or telephone number. If we are unaware of these changes and either The Primary Care Trust or the surgery are unable to contact you, this may result in de-registration.
- It is a patient’s responsibility to register a new baby. This will not be done automatically. A new mother needs to bring into the surgery or post to us, the FP58 form they were given when they registered the birth. Without this form, a new baby will not be registered at the Practice.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to order on-going repeat medication in plenty of time.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to keep appointments they have booked.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to book in at the desk or book in using the self-check in, in time for their appointment.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to be polite and courteous to all staff members at the surgery.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to treat all practice property with respect and be considerate of other patients when visiting the surgery.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to pay for all Non-NHS services requested for and subsequently provided by the Practice.
- It is the patients’ responsibility to cancel unwanted appointments. Failure to do so means the loss of the appointment for another patient and you will receive a letter concerning this. Persistent non-attendance of appointments may be investigated and result in de-registration.
Clinical Commissioning Group
Weavers Medical is part of NHS Northamptonshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG)
Francis Crick House
Tel: 01604 651100
Fax: 01604 745375
We encourage patients to give us feedback on their experiences at the practice.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.